ash wallpaper

Thursday, October 23, 2014

 I Arrived in North Carolina

Hi everyone, I made it to Charlotte with 19 missionaries and all of our luggage.  We all piled in to the Mission van and headed for the Mission Home for a few days.We have a great group.  I am looking so forward to serving with all of these wonderful missionaries.


My first area is in the upper part of North Carolina.  After meeting the mission president and his wife, getting a few instructions, and making sure everything was in order we met our trainers.  My trainer's first words were prepare to go way up North.  I absolutely love my trainer Sister B - she is helping me to adjust to the mission, and become a successful missionary.

We live in a really nice area, and the neighbors, ward members and other missionaries are extremely friendly. They really mean it when they say Southern Hospitality.

This is what I can see from the area I am serving in.  It is beautiful here and I look forward to spending the next few months teaching the gospel in this area.  We have met some really wonderful families in our ward.  The town I am living in has that down home feeling - this is me at the general store.

   

I have only been here for a few days, so I will fill you in one our investigators and the work next week.  I am going to go and straighten up and clean now, do a little laundry and finish out P-day by going to the nearest Walmart which is not actually in the town we live.  So I'll update you next week -  Love Ashley




No comments:

Post a Comment