ash wallpaper

Monday, April 18, 2016





Dec 28 at 3:40 PM
Hey everybody.  This email is going to be a little shorter this week because we just talked on Friday.  But here is what has happened in the last week:

Experience #1
We had the best Christmas Conference in the history of mankind this week!  It was sooooo much fun.  We had to get there at 8:00 am because I was one of the four people in my zone in a musical number.  We practiced for the musical number, then went to sit down and spiritually prepare.  When the meeting started, we heard a few words from President Alexander and Sister Alexander.  Then, we heard Gastonia's musical number (What Child is This?) which is the one I was in, and the whole zone bore one-minute testimonies.  Then we heard Charlotte South's musical number and testimonies, then Charlotte Central's musical number and testimonies.  Then we had an amazing ham dinner for lunch made by all of the senior missionaries, and we had a talent show by the missionaries.  We had a tight-rope walker, a rapper, a missionary making motorcycle noises, and our group.  Our group did the Hakka.  And we OWNED it!  It was so good that, when we got back from lunch, President Alexander said that he thinks every companionship should have to do that in the mornings when we leave our apartment.  Then, the mission got a visit from President "Santa." (Pictures to come).  Then, after we ate, we played "Zion Zone Bananza."  It's that game where the officiator asks for a certain thing or asks a certain question and the first person to run up and answers it wins.  Then we came back from lunch and the senior couples acted out the nativity.  It was soooo good.  And we sang many songs along with it.  Then we heard from President Alexander, got our Christmas present from them (a new customized temple  recommend holder), and headed home.  It was the best thing of my life.  So much fun, yet so spiritual.

Experience #2
We were able to go see Sister H this week.  She hasn't been letting us over for a couple of months now, and hasn't been coming to church.  We were really concerned about her and we decided to come to the Youth Caroling Night and go with the group that was going to visit her.  She said that we could come back on Christmas, so we did.  We brought her a loaf of bread that a member made us because we forgot to make her cookies (whoops).  She started talking to us about how she had been and how her family wins, etc.  She was really closed off, so I started praying in my head that Heavenly Father would give us the words to say to get her back.  I kept saying, "I don't want to lose her, and I know you don't.  So please help us."  We kept talking and she expressed a concern that she has with one of the church's policies.  We kept focusing on faith and how much we just need to put it in the Lord's hands when we don't understand things.  But it still wasn't getting though.  After a while, she just kind of broke down and said that she is sick of the trials that Heavenly Father is putting her through.  We told her that Heavenly Father only gives us what He knows we can handle.  We told her that maybe some of the trials she is going through are from the adversary because she felt something so special when she came back to church.  She just paused for a moment and said, "Out of the mouths of babes."  Then she said that she would try harder to make it to church, even though she knows she doesn't agree with everything right now.  It was a MIRACLE!!!!  I could really see how Heavenly Father was assisting us in that lesson.  I could feel just a glimpse of the love that our Heavenly Father has for her and it is abounding!  She just needs to act on the love that she had for the gospel.  She also said that we could keep coming over.  So please please please pray that we will be able to help her understand the concern that she has and do what she needs to work toward the temple.

Experience #3
Obviously, one of the highlights of the week was the skype call.  It was FANTASTIC!  So many gems!  And it was so good to see all of you! You look so good!  ;)  But y'all were there.  So it would be pointless
to tell you about it.  Haha

Other than that, nothing happened much.  I was sick a majority of the week.  So that was a bummer.  We didn't get many lessons, but we did finding A LOT!!!  And it rained A LOT!!!  But it's okay because we have the car this week and my cold is on the downhill. So... Yay!

Thank you for saying I look great.  Even though my poor, sickly self was miserable.  But it is getting better.  Yeah.  My companion is doing okay.  She is just really trunky most of the time, when I am trying not to be.  But she has been keeping it on the down low because I've been sick.  So we'll see what happens!  But I just want to focus. Yay for focusing!

I will send you the other video of us doing the Hakka. Today for P-Day, I went shopping for a really hot dress and to the church to watch the elders play chess.  It was really fun!

Yay for packages!  I will look forward to getting the license and a few other things!

Tell dad that I know how he feels!  I am so glad that the dog is getting a haircut, too.  He looked VERY fluffy!  You'll have to send me pictures of Bethany's new haircut!  Sorry mine looked like a mop.  It was good, but then humidity hit and that happened.

I can't believe Annie contracted Mono.  How did that happen?  What in the world?  I am proud of her for staying out there though.  That takes a lot.  Yay Annie!  And I am so glad to hear that Lauren is
doing well also.  Wow.  It is REALLY cold!  I kind of miss that!  We have heat and humidity!

I hope Kylie gets a boy.  That would be fun.  I just laugh at the fact that I knew before you did!  Isn't that what happened with Roxie and Zoie too?  L.O.L.

I hope they send me somewhere that will work my butt off for the last two transfers of my mission as well.  Will you pray for that?

Well, I think that's all for today.  I will obviously write a longer email next week.  But, until then, I will see y'all soon!  Don't freeze your behind off in Utah!

I love y'all to Utah and back.  Haven't used that one in a while.  Love you sooooo much!

Ash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment